ReportAlert.info - State Street Corporation (NYSE:STT) publishes 2010 Corporate Responsibility (CR) Report
(3BL Media / theCSRfeed) July 27, 2011 - State Street announced the release of its 2010 Corporate Responsibility (CR) Report, marking seven consecutive years that State Street has publicly reported on its environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance. The report is published online at http://www.reportalert.info/ra/profiles/StateStreet/2011/?ID=40173. Overviews of the full report are also available online, including versions in French, Italian, Polish and Chinese.
Key performance highlights in the report include:
- State Street Global Advisors introduced its first socially screened institutional portfolio 25 years ago; as of December 31, 2010, ESG assets under management at State Street Global Advisors were at all-time high of $119 billion
- State Street’s real estate portfolio encompasses 96 sites and more than 7.5 million square feet around the world; State Street reports electricity consumption and carbon emissions across 100% of these locations
- Through various energy efficiency projects around the world, State Street saved:
- 11 million kilowatt-hours of electricity
- 44,000 therms of natural gas
- 780,000 gallons of water
- 3,800 metric tons of carbon
- The State Street Foundation made $17.8 million in grants to charitable organizations in 35 communities around the world, a 13 percent increase over last year
- State Street is one of the only US-based financial services firms to have its report verified by an independent third-party
State Street’s CR Report adheres to the Global Reporting Initiative principles and criteria, the leading worldwide reporting standards for corporate responsibility. In addition, the report features letters from leading executives including Chairman, President and CEO Jay Hooley, Vice Chairman Joseph Antonellis and a Q&A with Alison Quirk, head of Global Human Resources.
To order a copy of State Street’s CR Overview or to provide feedback on the report, please contact Rachel Riccardella at email@example.com.