Spring CSR Certificate Program: 2-Day Sustainability Training Offered by Rutgers Institute for Ethical Leadership (in Newark, NJ) and Governance & Accountability Institute
New York, March 13, 2017 /3BL Media/ - Rutgers Institute for Ethical Leadership and Governance & Accountability Institute are partnering to offer the Spring 2017 CSR Certificate Program for corporate managers, not-for-profit and foundation managers, and others interested in career opportunities and advancement in the field of Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Citizenship, Corporate Sustainability, Philanthropy, Risk Management, Ethics and related positions.
The two-day sessions will be held on Wednesday, May 16 and Thursday, May 17, 2017, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at the Rutgers University campus in downtown Newark, New Jersey, a convenient 20 minutes by public transportation from New York City. On Tuesday evening there is a special networking dinner with guest speaker John Wilson, Head of Governance, Engagement and Research, Cornerstone Capital Inc.
THE MAY 2017 PROGRAM OFFERING
The May program is designed for 21st Century executives and their teams to develop the knowledge that is needed to create impactful change in companies in a way that adds value, improves reputations, increases resiliency, decreases risk, identifies new opportunities, and differentiates to out-compete and out-impact competitors. The course offering is a combination of keynote speakers, panel sessions, interactive class projects, and other types of group sessions during the two days. Topics to be covered include:
- The Ethics of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR);
- Responsible Supply Chain Management - Lessons Learned;
- Introduction to the Importance of Materiality in CSR - the Focus on Strategic ESG Issues;
- Corporate Sustainability / CSR Reporting: Shared Experience of Sustainability Leaders;
- Understanding Industry-Specific Metrics and Measurements;
- CSR Trends -- What is Happening at the Local, National and Global Level;
- CSR Through the Investor Lens - What Investors Expect from CSR Efforts.
Faculty and guests include professionals from Cornerstone Capital; EcoVadis; CDP (formerly the Carbon Disclosure Project); and representatives of Prudential; Johnson & Johnson; PepsiCo; Tessy Plastic; NJPAC; Rutgers University; Governance & Accountability Institute.
The two-day, "deep dive" into CSR and related fields of philanthropy including corporate foundation work, corporate sustainability, risk management, and ethics.
The partnering organizations note: "Executives in both for-profit and not-for-profit fields and their teams need to develop the skill sets, networks, and ever-increasing expertise to achieve their CSR goals, and deliver value to their organization. This certificate program will be presented over two days with an outstanding faculty of speakers who are real-world experts in their fields."
Confirmed faculty and guest presenters to date include:
- John Wilson, Head of Governance, Engagement, and Research, Cornerstone Capital Inc. (evening keynote speaker);
- Mary O'Malley, VP-Corporate Governance, Prudential Financial, Inc;
- Theresa Ragozine, VP-Global Procurement, Johnson & Johnson;
- Cindy Bush, Director of Environmental Health and Safety, Tessy Plastics;
- Peter Hansen, Senior Advisor, New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC); Principal, Hansen Philanthropic Solutions, New Jersey;
- Toby Simpson, Program Manager, EcoVadis;
- Hank Boerner, Chairman, and Co-Founder, Governance & Accountability Institute;
- Louis Coppola, EVP & Co-Founder, Governance & Accountability Institute;
- Judith Young, Executive Director, Rutgers Institute for Ethical Leadership;
- James Abruzzo, Co-Director, and Co-Founder, Rutgers Institute for Ethical Leadership.
Location: 15 Washington Place, in Newark New Jersey, easily reached by train from Newark's Penn Station (with frequent service from New York City and Philadelphia). The business school urban campus is convenient to Newark International Airport, and numerous nearby hotels. Participants will have Wi-Fi access. Refreshments and food will be supplied throughout the course and a networking dinner with drinks will be provided on the first night of the course.
Early bird pricing is in effect through March 15, 2017. Click here to register.
ABOUT GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY INSTITUTE
Governance & Accountability Institute is a New York City-based research, consulting and educational services company working with corporate sector and investment community clients. Typical engagements include preparation of sustainability, CSR, and citizenship reports; peer benchmarking; customized ESG research (environmental, social and governance performance); investor relations; corporate communications; and third party engagements. The company is the exclusive Data Partner for the Global Reporting Initiative (GI) for the USA, UK and the Republic of Ireland.
ABOUT THE INSTITUTE FOR ETHICAL LEADERSHIP
The Rutgers Institute for Ethical Leadership works with the business sector, the public sector, not-for-profits and other organizations in the social sector, and within Rutgers University, to provide leaders and future leaders with education and training, and critical thinking tools, needed to make ethical decisions. Program offerings include Ethical Leadership Conferences; Cultural and Ethnic Arts Executive Leadership; Collaborative Action Newark; Speakers Series; and certificate programs in a number of areas, including most recently, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). The Institute's mission is to strengthen ethical leadership to enhance civil society. Judy Young, MBA, is the Executive Director of the Institute.
For more information, contact:
- Louis D. Coppola, Executive Vice President
Governance & Accountability Institute, Inc.
Tel 646.430.8230 ext 14, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jessica Johnson, Senior Program Coordinator
Rutgers Institute for Ethical Leadership
Tel 973.353.1135, Email email@example.com