Sustainability Policy & Regulation Briefing: Policy Focus Needs to Be on Delivery, Not Promises
August 13, 2021 /3BL Media/ - This has become a matter of trust – we need to collectively, as developed nations and donor nations, deliver on that." COP26 president, Alok Sharma, said ahead of the G7 meeting.
It was a promise first made in 2009 in Paris, with the Green Climate Fund set up as the main delivery mechanism. But commitments from rich countries have failed to reach that sum, despite the fact that the International Energy Agency (IEA) puts the investment need just in clean energy – never mind adaptation – at much higher: $150bn to $1tn annually.
We’ve just published a 25-page briefing that looks into the G7 meeting where the focus of policy needs to be on delivery, not promises
Key takeaways from the report include:
- Policy watch: G7 meeting showed policy focus needs to be on delivery, not promises
- Brand Watch: Amazon under fire for incinerating stock and dodging ESG investors
- ESG Watch: Insurers and airlines beginning to feel heat from investors
- Christopher Stewart of Olam on turning Big Ag into sustainability hero
- Top 250 Emitters: Why Tesla now has Volkswagen and other auto makers in its rear- view mirror