Wells Fargo Donates $500,000 for Atlanta Housing, Neighborhood Revitalization Efforts
ATLANTA, September 26, 2018 /3BL Media/ – Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) today announced $500,000 in donations to six local nonprofits to support affordable, safe housing and community programs for Atlanta residents.
“Seeing our local initiative grants put to work to improve lives is exactly the positive change we are all striving for,” said Chad Gregory, region bank president of South Metro Atlanta and West Georgia. ”The work of these nonprofits will help children, veterans, the elderly and countless others by focusing resources and providing support they so deserve. Together, we are strengthening communities and making progress.”
The Wells Fargo grants are intended to support neighborhood revitalization efforts through the Wells Fargo NeighborhoodLIFT® program funded by the Wells Fargo Foundation.
The NeighborhoodLIFT program local initiative grants will be awarded to the following Atlanta nonprofits:
- Action Ministries will receive $75,000 to support housing programs that serve homeless or at-risk families with safe, affordable housing and ensure they receive the long-term support to help them achieve stability and success.
- Hearts to Nourish Hope will receive $37,500 to provide housing, job training, financial literacy and other supportive services. The grant will provide at least 10 financial literacy workshops for the community and provide 20 families with transitional housing for six to 12 months, with a goal of assisting those families in securing stable housing.
- MUST Ministries will receive $75,000 to support the MUST Ministries Elizabeth Inn Shelter, which aims to create stability for people experiencing homelessness. The 72-bed facility offers safe, short-term shelter to more than 900 men, women, and children every year.
- Partners for HOME will receive $200,000 to expand availability of housing for families experiencing homelessness. These funds will be matched dollar for dollar by HomeFirst, the $50 million public-private investment from the city of Atlanta and United Way’s Regional Commission on Homelessness. The grant supports a “rapid re-housing intervention program” designed to help individuals and families quickly exit homelessness, return to permanent housing and deter future homelessness by providing flexible rental subsidies and services. These services are designed to meet the unique needs of individual families for up to 24 months.
- The Salvation Army will receive $75,000 to assist its sheltering efforts in metro Atlanta including through the nonprofit’s Home Sweet Home Gwinnett program. Services range from homelessness prevention, case management, residential drug and alcohol treatment, a savings program, life-skills classes, emergency sheltering in motels, and emergency/transitional housing in a safe shelter. Last year in metro Atlanta, The Salvation Army provided more than 149,000 meals and over 146,000 nights of shelter.
- Southern Crescent Habitat for Humanity will receive $37,500 to support a build in Clayton County during Southern Crescent Habitat for Humanity’s Beloved Community Build 2018, which celebrates the global vision of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Wells Fargo team members will volunteer at the build along with other government and local leaders from Clayton County.
More than 500 homeowners created in Atlanta
The NeighborhoodLIFT program local initiative grants are part of a $6 million commitment by Wells Fargo to boost local homeownership and revitalize neighborhoods in the Atlanta region. First launched in 2012 and expanded in 2018, the program has assisted more than 500 local homeowners by offering homebuyer education plus $15,000 down payment assistance grants, with an additional 150 homebuyers currently on the path to homeownership. The 2018 Atlanta NeighborhoodLIFT program is a collaboration with NeighborWorks® America and its network member, Community Housing Development Corporation.
Since February 2012, LIFT programs have helped create more than 18,375 homeowners in 62 communities. A video about the NeighborhoodLIFT program is posted on Wells Fargo Stories.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, investment and mortgage products and services, as well as consumer and commercial finance, through 8,050 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 38 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 265,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 26 on Fortune’s 2018 rankings of America’s largest corporations. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.