BAE Systems Publishes Its 2020 Integrated Annual Report
Sustainability is important to us and to all our stakeholders. At BAE Systems we serve, supply and protect those who serve and protect us, in a corporate culture that is performance driven and values led. Our sustainability agenda supports this purpose and our important role in society by reducing the environmental impacts of our operations and products, valuing and developing our people, making a positive social and economic contribution to our communities, developing innovative technologies and collaborating with our supply chains.
This approach is fundamental to our business performance and aligns stakeholder priorities with the Group’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) risks and opportunities so that we can deliver positive outcomes for our stakeholders.
Our 2020 highlights include:
- We have set ourselves the target of:
- achieving net zero greenhouse gas emissions across our operations (Scope 1 and 2) by 2030. We aim to do this by reducing our emissions as a minimum in line with the 1.5°C pathway; and
- working towards a net zero value chain by 2050
- We are committed to implementing the recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)
- We updated our Code of Conduct to include changes to our internal processes and policies and incorporate best practice. This will be rolled out across our business during 2021
- As we faced up to the global COVID-19 pandemic, we focused on protecting our employees and supporting the communities in which we operate, as well as ensuring continued support for our customers. We also provided £151m of financial support, by way of early or advance payments, to around 200 suppliers across the Group
- We maintained our focus on identifying, securing and developing the diverse range of skills and capabilities required to meet our customers’ current and future needs
- During 2020 we contributed more than £10m to local, national and international charities and not-for-profit organisations through our community investment programme. In addition, £1.5m was directed to a charitable foundation supporting our US Employee Relief Fund to support those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic
- We have reported against the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB): 2020 Disclosures.
For more information on the 2020 Annual Report click here.
For more information on Sustainability click here.
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. We search for new ways to provide our customers with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of 89,600 people in more than 40 countries, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology.
+44 (0) 7801 717739