Empowering the Digital Future: NortonLifeLock Releases 2021 Environmental, Social, and Governance Report
“Today’s consumer expects and deserves a partner they can trust to do the right thing and a Company that embraces Corporate Responsibility. A high standard of ethics and good governance are NortonLifeLock’s greatest strengths as we advocate, innovate, communicate, and execute as a team.” – Vincent Pilette, Chief Executive Officer, NortonLifeLock
Today, NortonLifeLock Inc. (NASDAQ: NLOK) releases its 2021 Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Report. NortonLifeLock is a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety, protecting and empowering people to live their digital lives safely. The Company has a long history of sharing an annual account of its commitments and progress on the ESG topics most important to its businesses and stakeholders, and the 2021 report marks its first official ESG report.
NortonLifeLock brings together its team, expertise, and powerful technology to build a safe, inclusive, and sustainable future. Building a Company centered on trust is critically important and its focus on ESG topics helps NortonLifeLock earn this trust from stakeholders.
The 2021 ESG Report showcases the Company’s high standard of ethics and good governance, its focus on data protection, privacy excellence, and product innovation, and its efforts to support communities, minimize its environmental footprint, and build a strong, diverse, and passionate team.
Highlights from FY21, described in more detail in the report include:
- Through product donations, with a retail value of over $4 million, NortonLifeLock helped nonprofits, public libraries, and families keep their devices and data secure.
- Globally, women made up 33% of NortonLifeLock’s workforce, a 2% increase from FY20.
- The Company achieved a 52% reduction in Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions between FY20 and FY21.
- NortonLifeLock has achieved gender parity for the independent members of our Board of Directors.
- NortonLifeLock committed $1 million to National PTA to expand The Smart Talk, the free, interactive Cyber Safety education program co-created to help protect and empower children and families to live their digital lives safely.
- The Company provided more than 400,000 meals to help feed its neighbors in December 2020 and contributed nearly $200,000 to high-impact nonprofits on Giving Tuesday.
NortonLifeLock’s work is supported by a culture of innovation, guided by a driven leadership team, and executed by talented team members who share a passion for helping make the digital world a safer place. Learn more about how NortonLifeLock is empowering the digital future in its 2021 ESG Report.