Social Media for Social Good at #SIS12
The upcoming Social Innovation Summit is going to be a great event fostering unique conversations and giving participants the chance to interact in dynamic, interactive workshops. In particular, the “Social Media for Social Good” workshop, held on May 30th, at 3:30 p.m., will be chaired by Waggener Edstrom’s very own Jennifer Houston, President of Studio D.
This workshop will feature social media change makers who understand the value of using digital platforms to create awareness around an issue and generate engagement that move ideas forward to promote positive change. The panelists and roundtable moderators for this exciting workshop include:
- Brian Sirgutz, Senior Vice President of Social Impact, AOL/Huffington Post Media Group
- Brian Sirgutz is the Senior Vice President of Social Impact at AOL/ Huffington Post Media Group, where he leads all aspects of its global Impact content and engagement strategy; overseeing as the General Manager the Impact, Green and Education sections and developing new Impact business and product development innovations on the AOL/Huffington Post’s platform.
- Brian’s Twitter handle is @Sirgutz
- Petri Darby , Director of Marketing, Communications & Digital Strategy at the Make-a-Wish-Foundation
- Petri Darby has more than 15 years of experience spanning nearly every marketing and communications discipline – public relations and advertising, public affairs and community relations, social media and grassroots organizing, issues/crisis management and copywriting.
- Petri’s Twitter handle is @DarbyDarnit and he authors the Darby Darnit blog
- Tara De Georges, Online Content Manager for Connect a Million Minds, Time Warner Cable
- Tara DeGeorges oversees content strategy for websites supporting two Public Affairs initiatives at Time Warner Cable and has also spearheaded digital partnerships with leaders in education and the sciences, including Scientific American, Huffington Post Education, The Coalition for Science After School, FIRST Robotics and more.
- Tara’s Twitter handle is @TaraDeGeorges
- Sree Sreenivasan, Dean of Student Affairs, Columbia Graduate School of Journalism
- Sree Sreenivasan is a professor and Dean of Student Affairs at Columbia University’s Graduate School of Journalism, where he teaches in the digital media program, including social media and digital entrepreneurship. He is also a freelance social-media blogger for CNET, where he writes the SreeTips blog. He’s created learning opportunities such as Social Media Weekend, Social Media One-Night Stand and more.
- Sree’s Twitter handle is @Sree
- Libby Leffler, Strategic Partner Manager, Facebook
- Libby Leffler is a Strategic Partner Manager focusing on community partnerships and programs at Facebook. In this role, Libby works with public figures, non-profits, cultural institutions and media organizations that partner with Facebook around high-impact integrations. Libby was the Co-Anchor of “Facebook Live”, the company's official video streaming channel, during the 2011 and 2012 World Economic Forum meetings in Davos, Switzerland.
- Facebook’s Twitter handle is @facebook
Also, Hunter Walk of YouTube will be leading a roundtable called “Video and Social” during the workshop!
- Hunter Walk, Director of Product Management, YouTube
All of the panelists bring outstanding experience and valuable insights. If you are interested to learn how your organization or company can drive meaningful social impact through social media be sure to attend this workshop!