CEOs of Biopharmaceutical Companies CTLT, GSK, INCY, MRK, MRNA, PFE, SNY, TAK, UCB Share Long-Term Business Plans with Investors
NEW YORK, June 7, 2021 /3BL Media/ —Representing $800 billion in market capitalization, nine CEOs from the biopharma sector will speak virtually about their company’s long-term approach to sustainable business, June 7-8, 2021. The Biopharma CEO Investor Forum—co-hosted by Chief Executives for Corporate Purpose© (CECP) and the Biopharma Sustainability Roundtable—is the largest platform for CEOs to address long-term value creation, inclusive of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) topics and stakeholder engagement. It also marks the first sector-focused CEO Investor Forum, going deeper into the unique challenges and opportunities facing biopharma companies. Online viewing of the event can be found, here.
“Business resilience has taken on new meaning during Covid-19,” said Daryl Brewster, CEO, CECP. “The biopharma sector has delivered powerful solutions in record time under extreme pressure over these last year. We are pleased to feature CEOs who have led this transformation at our ninth CEO Investor Forum. It will offer investors and other stakeholders the opportunity to learn directly from the leaders of these organization how their companies performed through the pandemic and, importantly, how they are positioned to create sustainable value over the long-term.”
“For biopharma to address today’s global needs, including broader and more equitable access to medicines, product quality and safety, and environmental impact reduction, it is essential to integrate more long-term and forward-looking ESG information into investor communications,” said Sandor Schoichet, co-founder of the Biopharma Sustainability Roundtable and Director, Meridian Management Consultants. “We heard this loud and clear from investors in the development of the Biopharma Investor ESG Communications Guidance, and we are proud to support the industry as it becomes the first to gather in a forum of this magnitude focused on integrating sustainability and long-term business strategy.”
Alex Gorsky, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Johnson & Johnson; Co-Chair, CEO Investor Forum (JNJ) and Bill McNabb, former Chairman, Vanguard; Co-Chair, CEO Investor Forum; Vice Chair, CECP, will kick off each day with remarks to set the stage for the CEO presentations.
The investor audience will see Long-Term Plan presentations delivered by:
- Stéphane Bancel, Chief Executive Officer, Moderna (MRNA)
- Albert Bourla, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Pfizer (PFE)
- John Chiminski, Chair and Chief Executive Officer, Catalent (CTLT)
- Kenneth C. Frazier, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Merck (MRK)
- Hervé Hoppenot, Chief Executive Officer, Incyte (INCY)
- Paul Hudson, Chief Executive Officer, Sanofi (SNY)
- Jean-Christophe Tellier, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Executive Committee, UCB
- Emma Walmsley, Chief Executive Officer, GSK
- Christophe Weber, President and Chief Executive Officer, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd. (TAK)
Additional speakers include:
- Laura Ahmadi, MBA Candidate, Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management/li>
- Dr. Yele Aluko, Chief Medical Officer, EY
- Neal Batra, Principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP, and Future of HealthTM Leader
- Daryl Brewster, CEO, CECP
- Judith A Chevalier, William S. Beinecke Professor of Finance and Economics, Yale School of Management
- Andrew Edgecliffe Johnson, US News Editor, Financial Times
- Sanjay Gupta, Chief Medical Correspondent, CNN
- Lisa Henderson, Editor-in-Chief, Applied Clinical Trials and Pharmaceutical Executive
- Melanie Ivarsson, Chief Clinical Development Officer, Moderna (MRNA)
- Elaine Quilici, Senior Editor, Pharmaceutical Executive
- Thomas Scheiwiller, Co-Founder of the Biopharma Sustainability Roundtable and Owner, Scheiwiller Impacts
- Jeffrey Solomon, CEO, Cowen (COWN)
- Susanne Stormer, Board Member, SASB
- Luke Timmerman, Founder and Editor, Timmerman Report
- Meg Tirrell, Senior Health and Science Reporter, CNBC
- Tensie Whelan, Clinical Professor and Director, NYU Stern Center for Sustainable Business
Institutional investors interested in watching the CEO Long-Term Plan presentations, available at no cost, can register, here. The Biopharma CEO Investor Forum will run June 7th, from 7:45 a.m. – 3:45 p.m., and June 8th, from 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. ET. The event will also be live streamed on LinkedIn Live.
As a backdrop to the event, CECP released an assessment of and guidance to companies in the pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and life sciences industries, ESG & Long-Term Disclosures: The State of Play in Biopharma. Using CECP’s Long-Term Plan (“LTP”) Framework, the report assesses four key disclosure channels (annual reports/10-K, stand-alone sustainability reports, proxy statements, and investor day transcripts) and reports that forward-looking information, when found, most often covers competitive positioning and trends.
CECP and the Biopharma Sustainability Roundtable thank event sponsors Cowen, Calvert, and Deloitte, as well as media partners 3BL Media, Edelman, and Red Havas.
ABOUT CECP’S CEO INVESTOR FORUM
The CECP’s CEO Investor Forum is a global organization preparing corporate leaders for the next generation of stakeholders. The Forum provides support and guidance to CEOs on how to develop and communicate their long-term strategy to institutional investors and other key constituencies. Through a proprietary content framework, advisory services, and events, the Forum empowers CEOs to proactively set the context, own their narrative, and lead toward a sustainable future. CEO Investor Forum is chaired by Bill McNabb, former Chairman of Vanguard and Alex Gorsky, CEO, Johnson & Johnson. https://cif.cecp.co/. CECP is a CEO-led coalition that believes that a company’s social strategy—how it engages with key stakeholders including employees, communities, investors, and customers —determines company success. http://cecp.co.
The CEO Investor Forum, formerly known as the Strategic Investor Initiative, has established itself as a principal research and thought leader in the space of ESG, corporate disclosures, and long-term value creation. Publications including The Return on Purpose, Reorienting Capital Markets Toward the Long-Term, Emerging Practice in Long-Term Plans, The Economic Significance of Long-Term Plans, Method of Production of Long-Term Plans, ESG and the Earnings Call, and Integrating Sustainability and Long Term Planning for the Biopharma Sector, have been widely cited and republished in leading corporate finance journals and media. See the complete collection of research and resources available on the CEO Investor Forum’s website.
ABOUT THE BIOPHARMA SUSTAINABILITY ROUNDTABLE
The Biopharma Sustainability Roundtable is a sector-specific collaboration platform that works with senior biotech and pharma executives to help drive their sustainability agendas forward. We facilitate a program of webinars and topical forums each spring, and an annual conference in the fall, addressing a broad agenda of ESG topics defined in collaboration with our participants. Executives and invited thought leaders come together to explore sustainability challenges and trends, examine critical industry topics, share best practices, and learn from each other. The Roundtable also facilitates focused initiatives that engage participating biopharma companies and key stakeholders, such as the Biopharma Investor ESG Communications Initiative, and collaborations like our work with CECP. Learn more at http://biopharmasustainability.com.