A Perfect 10: Booz Allen Kicks Off 2020 With 10th Year of Recognition for LGBTQ Equality
January 23, 2020 /3BL Media/ - Booz Allen has received its 10th consecutive perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign’s (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, a national benchmarking survey assessing an organization’s non-discrimination workplace protections, domestic partner benefits, transgender-inclusive health care benefits, competency programs, and public engagement with the LGBTQ community.
This 100% ranking earns the firm designation as a “Best Place to Work” for LGBTQ Equality.
“For two decades and counting, Booz Allen has dedicated ourselves to the advancement of our lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, queer, and questioning employees, as well as our allies across the firm,” said Josh Sullivan, who’s executive sponsor of GLOBE, Booz Allen’s LGBTQ employee forum, as well as a senior vice president and artificial intelligence lead with the firm. “We’re proud of 10 consecutive years of recognition by HRC, and of creating a culture where you can come to Booz Allen as you are—and thrive.”
Advancing inclusive policies, practices, and culture
Winner of the 2019 Washington Business Journal Business of Pride award, Booz Allen has been:
- An early activator of same-sex domestic partner recognition and benefits and one of the first firms to enact transgender-inclusive benefits and policies
- A signing member on the business statement for transgender equality
- A business partner of the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- A contributor to the United States Chamber of Commerce’s Growing Business through LGBTQ Inclusion
- A developer of LGBTQ talent pipelines through support of organizations such as QueerCon, Lesbians Who Tech, the Modern Military Association of America, and Out in Tech Qorporate (Booz Allen was a founding sponsor)
Supporting and empowering the LGBTQ community
Booz Allen lends its time, resources, and expertise to a wide range of LGBTQ organizations and causes. This includes:
- Using data science to help the Gay Men’s Chorus of Washington, DC assess donation trends and attract new, larger sources of funding
- Delivering data, analytics, consulting, and communications support to Whitman-Walker Health, an award-winning Washington, DC health center specializing in LGBTQ care
- Assisting the Sexual Minority Youth Assistance League in Washington, DC with a new content management system and social media plan
- Sponsoring the NAMES Project AIDS Memorial Quilt to raise awareness of the ongoing impact of HIV/AIDS
- Creating intersectional programs and forums around military service, immigration, disability, parenting, and celebrations of Black, LatinX, and Asian Pacific Islander heritage
Learn more about Booz Allen’s legacy of pride.