CECP Announces Deutsche Bank CEO Christiana Riley to Join Board of Directors
January 12, 2021, New York, NY /3BL Media/ — As part of its continuing efforts to empower companies to drive long-term business success through positive societal impact, Chief Executives for Corporate Purpose (CECP) announced that Christiana Riley, CEO, Deutsche Bank USA Corp has joined the organization’s distinguished Board of Directors. As a CEO-led coalition of more than 200 of the world’s largest companies, CECP believes a company’s social strategy – how it engages with key stakeholders including employees, communities, investors, and customers – determines a company’s success.
“The last nine months have redefined the blueprint for modern leadership: empathy, compassion, and perseverance are all critical success factors for purpose-driven leadership,” said Doug Conant, Founder and CEO, ConantLeadership; former CEO, Campbell Soup Company; Former Chairman, Avon Products; and Chairman, CECP. “And while these challenging times will eventually stabilize, there will always be more to do to advance business as a force for good around the world. With Christiana’s experience in strategy, partnership-building, and executive expertise, CECP’s Board of Directors will be ever-stronger to lead us to better times.”
Founded in 1999 by actor and philanthropist Paul Newman and other business leaders, CECP has grown to a movement of more than 200 of the world’s largest companies that represent $11.2 trillion in revenues, $23 billion in total community investments, 14 million employees, 30 million hours of employee engagement, and $21 trillion in assets under management.
“Companies that thoughtfully and responsibly full fill their purpose in society are a force for good and I am looking forward to working with and benefiting from CECP in furthering purpose-driven leadership in America and beyond,” said Christiana Riley, CEO, Deutsche Bank USA Corp.
Christiana joins several other world-renown women business leaders, including Deanna Mulligan, CEO, Guardian Life Insurance Company; Barbara Humpton, CEO, Siemens USA; Fran Horowitz, CEO, Abercrombie & Fitch Co; Carly Fiorina, Founder and Chairman, Carly Fiorina Enterprises and Unlocking Potential Foundation; Shelly Lazarus, Chairman Emeritus, Ogilvy & Mather; and Jennifer Smith Turner, Board of Directors, Newman’s Own Foundation.
“CECP’s ability to empower companies to drive long-term business success through positive social impact is driven by its Board of Directors,” said Daryl Brewster, CEO, CECP. “CECP is privileged to have Christiana join its Board of Directors, as now more than ever, we need seasoned leaders to see us through to better, more promising times.”
Christiana joins the current Board of Directors, which includes:
- Douglas R. Conant, Founder and CEO, ConantLeadership; former CEO, Campbell Soup Company; former Chairman, Avon Products; and Chairman, CECP
- Theodore Dysart, Vice Chairman, Heidrick & Struggles International, Inc.
- Richard Edelman, President & CEO, Edelman
- Carly Fiorina, Founder and Chairman, Carly Fiorina Enterprises and Unlocking Potential Foundation
- Vince Forlenza, Former Chairman, President & CEO, BD
- Mauricio Gutierrez, President & CEO, NRG
- Alan G. Hassenfeld, Chairman, Executive Committee, Hasbro, Inc.
- Fran Horowitz, CEO, Abercrombie & Fitch Co
- Barbara Humpton, CEO, Siemens USA
- Sury Kant, President, Tata Consultancy Services
- David Kenny, CEO Nielsen
- Shelly Lazarus, Chairman Emeritus, Ogilvy & Mather
- Bill McNabb, Former Chairman, Vanguard
- Deanna Mulligan, Board Chair, The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
- Michael I. Roth, Executive Chairman, Interpublic Group
- Jennifer Smith Turner, Board of Directors, Newman’s Own Foundation
CECP’s Board of Directors also includes the following Director Emeriti:
- Marilyn Carlson Nelson, Former Chairman and CEO, Carlson Holdings, Inc.
- Kenneth T. Derr, Former Chairman & CEO, Chevron Corporation
- Henrietta Fore, Executive Director, United Nations Children’s Fund
- Peter Malkin, Chairman Emeritus, Empire State Realty Trust
- Harold McGraw, III, Chairman Emeritus, S&P Global
- Paul Newman, Actor and Philanthropist, (January 26, 1925 – September 26, 2008)
- David Rockefeller, Former Chairman & CEO, Chase Manhattan Corporation (June 12, 1915 – March 20, 2017)
- Paul Volcker, Former Chairman, Federal Reserve (September 5, 1927 - December 8, 2019)
- Sanford Weill, Chairman Emeritus, Citigroup, Inc.
- John C. Whitehead, Former Co-Chair, Goldman, Sachs, & Co., Former Deputy Secretary of State (April 2, 1922 – February 7, 2017)
# # #
ABOUT CHIEF EXECUTIVES FOR CORPORATE PURPOSE (CECP)
CECP is a CEO-led coalition that believes that a company’s social strategy — how it engages with key stakeholders including employees, communities, investors, and customers —determines company success. Founded in 1999 by actor and philanthropist Paul Newman and other business leaders to create a better world through business, CECP has grown to a movement of more than 200 of the world’s largest companies that represent $11.2 trillion in revenues, $23 billion in societal investment, 14 million employees, and $21 trillion in assets under management. CECP helps companies transform their social strategy by providing customized connections and networking, counsel and support, benchmarking and trends, and awareness building and recognition. For more information, visit http://cecp.co.