Corporate Sustainability Professionals set to Discuss Climate Declaration
July 16, 2013 /3BL Media/ - On Thursday, July 18th at 2:00 PM EDT there will be a free one-hour webinar for corporate sustainability professionals hosted by Climate Counts and BICEP. This webinar has been designed to offer companies with piqued curiosity the chance to learn more about the declaration in a private, peer-to-peer session where questions and discussion are strongly encouraged.
The Climate Declaration is an initiative commenced by Business for Innovative Climate and Energy Policy (BICEP). BICEP is a project of the well-known Ceres, an organization dedicated to leading investors and businesses to find sustainable solutions to environmental and social challenges. To learn more, watch the Ceres’ 20th anniversary video.
Climate Counts Director, Mike Bellamente, will lead the discussion with Anne Kelly (Director of BICEP) and Jim Hanna (Director of Environmental Impact at Starbucks). The webinar will kick off with an overview of the Climate Declaration and will be followed by:
1) What are the primary benefits to signing companies?
2) How are companies garnering internal support for this initiative?
3) Are there any formal obligations expected of signatories?
4) Are there existing media buys/communication strategies that joining companies can sign on to?
5) What are the risks to signing?