Keep America Beautiful to Award Xerox Corporation 2012 Vision for America Award
STAMFORD, Conn. Nov. 7, 2012 /3BL Media/ – Keep America Beautiful (KAB), the nation’s largest nonprofit that builds and sustains vibrant communities, will award Xerox Corporation with its 2012 Vision for America Award in New York City.
Xerox is being honored for the corporation’s significant leadership role in social and environmental stewardship, philanthropy, and enlightened corporate citizenship. The Vision for America Award is presented annually to distinguished leaders of honored corporations whose personal and corporate commitment have significantly enhanced civic, environmental and social stewardship throughout the United States.
“Doing the right thing for the planet and doing the right thing for Xerox are not at odds with each other but synergistic,” said Ursula M. Burns, chairman and CEO, Xerox Corporation. “Today, our value proposition is built on the belief that helping our customers simplify their businesses leads to a healthier business and greener planet.”
“Xerox helps its customers simplify the way they conduct business, improve and take the excess out of their processes, thereby saving resources and eliminating waste,” said Matthew McKenna, Keep America Beautiful president and CEO. “It may sound simple. But it takes vision and a laser-like focus to achieve such laudable sustainability results.”
Keep America Beautiful cited several specific corporate efforts which led to the recognition:
- As the world’s leader in managed print services, Xerox has reduced energy use and waste associated with printing for companies and government agencies by up to 30 percent.
- The Xerox Green World Alliance reuse/recycle program for imaging supplies is central to its commitment to waste-free products. Worldwide, Xerox customers returned more than 3.43 million cartridges, toner containers and other used supply items in 2011.
- Xerox has retained its position on the FTSE4Good rating scheme by meeting the criteria for environmental actions, corporate responsibility, social and stakeholder engagement and human rights for the fifth consecutive year.
- Nearly 1,700 nonprofit organizations, colleges and universities received direct financial support from the Xerox Foundation through grants, matching gifts or community involvement activities in 2011.
- Nearly 12,300 Xerox employees volunteered in more than 750 projects through Xerox’s Community Improvement Program.
Keep America Beautiful salutes Xerox Corporation for taking its role as a corporate citizen seriously through its ongoing commitment to the environment and communities.
About Keep America Beautiful, Inc.
Keep America Beautiful is the nation’s leading nonprofit that brings people together to build and sustain vibrant communities. With a network of more than 1,200 affiliate and participating organizations including state recycling organizations, we work with millions of volunteers to take action in their communities through programs that deliver sustainable impact. Keep America Beautiful offers solutions that create clean, beautiful public places, reduce waste and increase recycling, generate positive impact on local economies and inspire generations of environmental stewards. Through our programs and public-private partnerships, we engage individuals to take greater responsibility for improving their community’s environment. For more information, visit www.kab.org.
About Xerox Corporation
With sales approaching $23 billion, Xerox (NYSE: XRX) is the world’s leading enterprise for business process and document management. Its technology, expertise and services enable workplaces – from small businesses to large global enterprises – to simplify the way work gets done so they operate more effectively and focus more on what matters most: their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox offers business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, healthcare solutions, HR benefits management, finance support, transportation solutions, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide. The company also provides extensive leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. The 140,000 people of Xerox serve clients in more than 160 countries. For more information, visit http://www.xerox.com, http://news.xerox.com or http://www.realbusiness.com. For investor information, visit http://www.xerox.com/investor.