ReportAlert.info - Novartis (VTC:NOVZn) Publishes 2013 Corporate Responsibility Performance Report
July 9, 2014 /3BL Media/ - Novartis has published a Corporate Responsibility (CR) Performance Report for 2013. The report uses the new Global Reporting Initiative G4 guidelines, one year ahead of required implementation.
The Performance Report enhances the company’s transparency in several key areas, including in human resources, supply chain and ethics, and aims to meet the needs and expectations of CR professionals by offering easy access to key data. The report also details progress against Novartis priorities, defined following a CR materiality analysis completed in 2013.
Novartis has a strong history of CR activities and has publicly reported on its performance since 2000 through its Annual Report as well as online and printed materials. The 2013 CR Performance Report consolidates information previously published in its separate GRI; Health, Safety and Environment; and United Nations Global Compact reports.
Novartis CR achievements in 2013 include:
- Provided medicine to more than 100 million patients as well as health education, infrastructure development and other programs to another 8.1 million people worldwide
- Developed affordable vaccines for typhoid and paratyphoid A fevers, through the Novartis Vaccines Institute for Global Health
- Joined Malaria No More’s Power of One campaign and committed to donate up to 1 million pediatric antimalarial treatments every year through 2015
- Reached 4.5 million people with health education through “Healthy Family” Social Ventures in India, Kenya and Vietnam; programs recognized through several industry awards
- Worked with leading leprosy experts through the Novartis Foundation for Sustainable Development to develop a new strategy to help eliminate the disease
- Launched Responsible Procurement, a new integrated approach to ethical issues in our supply chain including labor rights, health, safety and environment, animal welfare, and anti-bribery