ReportAlert.info - Vancity Publishes 2013 Annual Report
May 14, 2014 /3BL Media/ - Vancity’s integrated 2013 Annual Report, Together, we have the tools to transform our world, documents the values-based credit union’s journey to transform how banking is done. The report can be viewed at vancity.com/2013AnnualReport.
Vancity’s 2013 Annual Report was externally assured, adheres to the AA1000 principles, and was prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative's G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines, Core. It participates in the International Integrated Reporting Council’s Pilot Program.
The report includes stories that illustrate how Vancity, together with its members and community partners, is making a positive impact on people’s lives and building healthy communities. It includes examples of the challenges Vancity faces, and transparently reports progress against key organizational targets and commitments. New this year, the report highlights examples of three dilemmas Vancity is giving much thought to.
The report is available on a microsite that lets readers download it in its entirety, or select the sections relevant to them. It includes links to Vancity’s Three Year Plan, made public for the first time, and a video of performance highlights.
- Assets grew to $17.5 billion from $17.1 billion, while net earnings rose to $61.4 million from $57.0 million.
- Member deposits allowed Vancity to approve $486 million of community impact loans for areas such as affordable housing, green buildings and Aboriginal communities.
- Together with community partners, Vancity delivered financial literacy workshops and seminars to 10,500 people.
- Vancity distributed $18.3 million of net earnings to members and communities.
- Vancity was ranked No. 1 on Corporate Knights’ 2013 Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada list.
Vancity serves more than 501,000 member-owners and their communities through 57 branches. It is guided by a vision to redefine wealth. It is carbon neutral, a living wage employer and a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values.