Webinar: Making the Impossible Possible: The Blueprint for Decarbonizing Industry
October 6, 2021 /3BL Media/ - Carbon-intensive sectors have no option but to drastically reduce their greenhouse gas emissions to reach zero. Failing that, global temperatures will rise beyond 2°C with dramatic consequences for the planet and humanity.
Seven industrial sectors – concrete, steel, aluminium, chemicals, aviation, shipping and trucking – make up 30% of global emissions today. They cannot achieve the transition to net-zero alone. They need the mobilisation and support of the full value chain, their suppliers, their customers, financial institutions and governments.
Ahead of COP26, the Mission Possible Partnership [MPP] will be demonstrating that industry is ready. Ready for the clean transformation opening up new business opportunities. Industry leaders mobilized by MPP will release the first industry-backed blueprints for sector transition and commit to tangible actions catalysing climate action.
- Scott Kirby, CEO, United Airlines
- José Maria Larocca, Board Member, Trafigura
- Aditya Mittal, CEO, ArcelorMittal
- Faustine Delasalle, Co-Executive Director, Mission Possible Partnership
Moderated by: Axel Threlfall, Editor at Large, Reuters
We will be covering:
- Sector transition strategies: Developing a blueprint of what it will take in terms of technology, investment, divestment, demand, price variations, and policy mechanisms
- Financing flows: Unlocking investment in low/zero-carbon solutions through the collective mobilization of industry, demand, finance, and policy players
- Solutions scale-up: Going from innovation to demonstration to rapid technology deployment at scale
- Action: Aligning CO2 emissions targets and actions
Through radical collaboration we will unlock investment to build the pillars of a Net Zero economy and mitigate climate disaster. It is time to go from targets to action.