Aetna Releases 2016 Corporate Social Responsibility Report
Aetna, one of the nation’s leading diversified health care benefits companies, today released its 2016 Corporate Social Responsibility report. This year’s report provides an in-depth look into Aetna’s commitment to building a healthier world, community by community.
Aetna’s efforts to strengthen communities go beyond its breadth of work and are ingrained in the company’s values - integrity, excellence, inspiration and caring. By employing a key strategy of combining philanthropy, community engagement and policy leadership to improve health for both individuals and communities, Aetna is able to help develop a healthier community, a healthier nation and a healthier world.
In 2015, Aetna was recognized by Points of Light for the fourth year in a row by The Civic 50, an annual initiative that recognizes companies for their commitment to improving the quality of life in communities where they do business. Aetna’s employees, retirees and directors contributed more than $7.4 million and more than 430,000 volunteer hours to nonprofit organizations in the communities where they live and work.
Additional Aetna CSR achievements include:
- Provided information and resources to nearly 47 million people so they can make better informed decisions about their health care.
- Increased the minimum base wage to $16 per hour and introduced a new program that lowers out-of-pocket health care expenses for qualifying employees, which has increased employee engagement and decreased turnover.
- Launched the Healthiest Cities & Counties Challenge with major national partners, the American Public Health Association and the National Associations of Counties, to improve the social determinants of health in communities.
- Introduced employee wellness programs to demonstrate the value of a holistic view of health.
- Awarded $20 million in grants, adding to the nearly $480 million in grants and awards given since 1980.
- Hosted initiatives or programs to engage local communities at 100% of Aetna offices nationwide.
Aetna is one of the nation’s leading diversified health care benefits companies, serving an estimated 46.7 million people with information and resources to help them make better informed decisions about their health care. Aetna offers a broad range of traditional, voluntary and consumer-directed health insurance products and related services, including medical, pharmacy, dental, behavioral health, group life and disability plans, and medical management capabilities, Medicaid health care management services, workers’ compensation administrative services and health information technology products and services. Aetna’s customers include employer groups, individuals, college students, part-time and hourly workers, health plans, health care providers, governmental units, government-sponsored plans, labor groups and expatriates. For more information, see www.aetna.com and learn about how Aetna is helping to build a healthier world. @AetnaNews