FedEx Announces the Launch of the 2017 Global Citizenship Report
The 2017 Global Citizenship Report (GCR) is now available at csr.fedex.com. The report showcases how FedEx connects people, businesses and communities in ways that advance social and economic progress and environmental sustainability. Citizenship is a core part of the FedEx mission and business strategy, and the report updates the FY16 strategies, goals, programs and progress across the enterprise in three key areas: Economy, Environment and People.
Highlights from the report include:
The global reach of FedEx — connecting more than 99 percent of global GDP — provides a unique opportunity to deliver a positive impact around the world, empowering individuals, communities and businesses large and small. In FY16, FedEx:
- Spent $9.2 billion with diverse, minority, women-owned and other small business suppliers, a 37 percent increase from FY15.
- Invested more than $46 million in charitable contributions, benefiting 97 communities toward our commitment to invest $200 million in 200+ global communities by 2020. In total, FedEx charitable contributions equaled $57.29 million.
- Hosted 51 FedEx Know and Grow events for small business owners to learn how to expand to global markets, reaching more than 5,600 participants and increasing the cumulative total of customers who have benefited from this program to 86,500 since 2009.
From upgrading air and ground fleets to empowering team members through EarthSmart programs, FedEx delivers industry-leading innovation to reduce the environmental impact. In FY16, FedEx:
- Decreased the greenhouse gas emissions intensity of the business by 5.7 percent from FY15 while growing revenue.
- Avoided more than 2 million metric tons of CO2e through fuel and energy saving initiatives across the enterprise – equivalent to the carbon sequestered by more than 1.9 million acres of U.S. forest in one year.
- Set a new goal to increase FedEx Express vehicle fuel efficiency 50 percent by 2025 from a 2005 baseline, after meeting the 2020 goal five years early.
- Brought three new on-site solar energy systems online at FedEx Ground facilities, bringing the total to 18 enterprise-wide, increasing on-site energy generation capacity by 1.5 MW and maintaining FedEx ranking as one of the top corporate users of solar power in the U.S. according to Solar Energy Industries Association.
FedEx team members connect every day with customers and communities worldwide. FedEx fosters a diverse, safety first culture where team members receive the support, development and opportunity they need to deliver exceptional service and give back to local communities. In FY16, FedEx:
- Improved cross-operating company Lost Time Injury Rate by more than 7 percent from FY15.
- Retained 88 percent of full-time U.S. team members, up 8 percent from FY15.
- Received a ranking by Fortune magazine as one of the 10 Best Workplaces for African-Americans and one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For.
- Supported 20,875 team members who volunteered 93,175 hours in more than 500 cities during FedEx Cares Week.
About FedEx Corp.
FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. With annual revenues of $58 billion, the company offers integrated business applications through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand. Consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 400,000 team members to remain “absolutely, positively” focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. To learn more about how FedEx connects people and possibilities around the world, please visit about.fedex.com.
Rae Lyn Rushing