Freeport-McMoRan Publishes 2017 Working Toward Sustainable Development Report “Powered by Copper”
Freeport-McMoRan’s 2017 Working Toward Sustainable Development Report now is available online.
Titled "Powered by Copper," the report provides information on the company's sustainability programs – including approach, focus areas and performance targets – and highlights the company's progress made on key issues affecting the company and stakeholders.
This report includes information on:
- Freeport-McMoRan’s key sustainability focus areas as well as policies, management systems and performance
- Sustainability programs that help maintain Freeport-McMoRan’s social license to operate
- Operational improvements and efficiencies Freeport-McMoRan has executed to reduce the company's carbon footprint
- How maintaining a high level of sustainability performance helps safeguard the company's ability to place product into the global marketplace
- Ways the company is helping to advance the United Nation's Sustainable Development Goals.
Freeport-McMoRan’s 2017 Working Toward Sustainable Development Report also includes some of the company's sustainability programs and initiatives worldwide, with photos throughout the report showing these efforts in action.
For additional information on Freeport-McMoRan's sustainability programs, please visit the Sustainability section of fcx.com.
Eric E. Kinneberg