Investing for a Climate-Positive Future
Hannon Armstrong is the first U.S. public company solely dedicated to investments in climate change solutions. We embody a deep commitment to a sustainable and resilient future through the implementation of our investment strategy and conduct of our business operations.
Since IPO in 2013, we have invested $7 billion in assets that have cumulatively avoided over 3 million metric tons of carbon emissions and saved over 3 billion gallons of water on an annual basis – all while generating superior risk-adjusted returns for our shareholders.
Our emphasis on a durable social fabric, including a diverse, engaged, and fairly compensated staff, is a material factor in our financial success. Similarly, our top-notch corporate governance practices assure our shareholders that our team will stay on track and deliver results. And of course, the environmental impact of the firm is embedded in our DNA with CarbonCount®.
Thanks to our investors, customers, partners, and employees, Hannon Armstrong is proud to remain a leader in ESG performance and reporting.
2019 Impact Report Highlights:
- Financed $1.3 billion in climate change solutions
- Became one of the few U.S. public companies with a female Lead Independent Director
- Incorporated enhanced quantitative TCFD scenario analysis into our financial filings
- Committed to becoming a signatory of the UN-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
- Completed inaugural issuance of $500 million in unsecured green bonds
- Signed the CEO Action for Diversity and Inclusion Pledge
- Received Ethical Corporation’s Responsible Investment Award, American Council on Renewable Energy’s Renewable Energy Leadership Award, and CR Magazine’s Responsible CEO of the Year Award – ESG Leadership
- Joined the UN Global Compact’s Business Ambition for 1.5°C: Our Only Future Campaign
- Launched employee clean transportation incentive for the purchase or lease of a zero-emissions electric vehicle
In accordance with best practices from the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), the report also includes a detailed analysis of the potential impact of climate change scenario assumptions on our portfolio. By remaining at the forefront of climate-related disclosures, we believe we will be able to more prudently manage emerging risks and proactively develop strategies to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns for our shareholders.
Additionally, the report constitutes Hannon Armstrong’s “Communication on Progress” (COP1) under the United Nations Global Compact and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), outlining how we orient our business activities to support Goal 7: Affordable Clean Energy, Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth, Goal 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure, Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities, and Goal 13: Climate Action.
About Hannon Armstrong
Hannon Armstrong (NYSE: HASI) provides capital to leading companies in energy efficiency, renewable energy, and other sustainable infrastructure markets. With more than $6 billion in managed assets as of December 31, 2019, Hannon Armstrong’s core purpose is to make climate-positive investments with superior risk-adjusted returns. For more information, please visit www.hannonarmstrong.com. Follow Hannon Armstrong on LinkedIn and Twitter @HannonArmstrong.
For ESG and IR inquiries:
For media inquiries: