Parker’s 2018 Sustainability Report Highlights Commitment to Social Responsibility
March 13, 2019 - Parker Hannifin Corporation, the global leader in motion and control technologies, has released its 2018 Sustainability Report, which highlights team member-driven initiatives that are helping to strengthen communities, conserve resources and make a positive environmental impact at the local level.
Key achievements related to Parker’s sustainability initiatives detailed in the report include:
- Safety is Parker’s highest priority, and the company’s Recordable Incident Rate has dropped by 54% over the past five years, including a 21% reduction in 2018.
- The practice of volunteering and charitable giving is central to Parker’s culture, and with matching contributions from the Parker Hannifin Foundation, this year team members donated close to $1 million to support dozens of local United Ways across the United States.
- The Parker Hannifin Foundation donated more than $6 million to hundreds of charitable organizations with a focus on communities in need, education, disaster relief and energy and water conservation.
- Given the scope of Parker’s manufacturing operations, increasing energy efficiency represents a significant opportunity to reduce environmental impact. Since calendar year 2004, Parker has reduced its energy index (MWh/USD) by 54% and greenhouse gas index (MT/USD) by 50%. This included a 1.6% reduction in absolute energy consumption and a 2.3% reduction in carbon emissions in calendar year 2017.
- Today Parker recycles more than 85% of the waste generated from its manufacturing operations, and the company continues to make progress towards its goal of reducing water use and the volume of waste sent to landfills by 20% between 2015 and 2020.
Learn more at www.parker.com/sustainability