Parker’s 2019 Sustainability Report Highlights How Team Members are Leading With Purpose
May 21, 2020 - Parker Hannifin Corporation, the global leader in motion and control technologies, has released its 2019 Sustainability Report. Featuring unique local initiatives that are helping to strengthen communities, conserve resources and make a positive environmental impact at the local level, the report demonstrates how team members around the world are living Parker’s purpose: Enabling Engineering Breakthroughs that Lead to a Better Tomorrow.
Key achievements related to Parker’s sustainability initiatives detailed in the report include:
- Safety is a core value that all Parker team members share, and by driving an ownership culture the company has reduced its Recordable Incident Rate by 61% over the past five years, including a 24% reduction in 2019.
- The practice of volunteering and charitable giving is central to Parker’s culture, and with matching contributions from the Parker Hannifin Foundation, this year team members donated more than $800,000 to support dozens of local United Ways across the United States.
- The Parker Hannifin Foundation donated nearly $6 million to hundreds of qualified charitable organizations with a focus on communities in need, education, disaster relief and energy and water conservation.
- Given the scope of Parker’s manufacturing operations, increasing energy efficiency represents a significant opportunity to reduce environmental impact. Since 2008, Parker has reduced its energy index (MWh/USD) by 33% and greenhouse gas index (MT/USD) by 27%.
- Today Parker recycles more than 85% of the waste generated from its manufacturing operations, and is working to further reduce the volume of waste sent to landfills.
Learn more at www.parker.com/sustainability
Corporate Vice President EHS