Common Impact Connections Newsletter: Giving Tuesday Edition
The Gift that Keeps on Giving
Donate your skills and expertise this holiday season!
Happy Thanksgiving! With the holiday season now upon us, you may be thinking about how you can contribute to the causes you care about most. While donating is a popular avenue of support, you can also make a difference by giving your time, talents and expertise! Through skills-based volunteerism, you can help your favorite organizations optimize their operations to better deliver on their missions and serve their constituents.
Join our Giving Tuesday Twitter chat on December 3rd at 2pm ET/10am PT to hear real stories of how giving skills has helped nonprofits and social impact organizations build capacity!
Eager to get involved? Next week, we'll be sharing opportunities for individual skills-based volunteers and, as always, you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about pro bono programs for your company or organization!
Whether you choose to give your time, talent or treasure this holiday season, we thank you for your generosity and commitment to strengthening the social sector!
Interested in learning more about what's going on behind the scenes at Common Impact?
- Board of Directors: As part of its expansion efforts, Common Impact is looking to grow its Board of Directors by identifying candidates that will support the organization in broadening its thinking and networks as it embarks on its next phase. The Board of Directors works closely with the CEO to set the vision for the organization and develop strategies to realize its mission. For details on the role and how to apply, see the position description here.
- Technology & Operations Manager: Common Impact seeks a Technology & Operations Manager to support the daily operations of the organization and apply a strategic technology and operational lens to facilitating cross-sector partnerships and bringing Common Impact’s operations to scale. This position offers an exceptional opportunity for an early career professional with a mix of operations and technical skills to join Common Impact’s talented team and expand a proven model of social impact. For details on the role and how to apply, visit our careers page.
New Pro Bono Perspectives Podcast Episodes
- Cities of Service Executive Director Myung Lee shares how her organization works with mayors to activate dormant civic engagement by creating accessible opportunities for citizens to get involved in their cities.
- Just in time for Thanksgiving, Rescuing Leftover Cuisine CEO Robert Lee explains how food waste prevention and ending food insecurity go hand in hand - and how we can all be part of the solution.
- Don't miss the season finale of Pro Bono Perspectives on December 17th! We'll return in the new year with more inspiring guests and exciting stories of cross-sector collaboration!
- Corporate Philanthropy and Social Impact Conference (Dec. 5): Join us at this Conference Board event on engaging employees, serving society and measuring outcomes.
Check out our full newsletter to stay up to date with the latest and greatest at Common Impact!