CECP Announces Distinguished Selection Committee for 2015 Excellence Awards
New York, NY, August 12, 2014 /3BL Media/ - CECP announces its 2014-2015 Selection Committee of esteemed leaders from the corporate, nonprofit, consulting, media, and academic communities, who will bring their significant expertise to the 2015 CECP Excellence Awards selection process. The jurors meet in person for a day-long session to discuss and select winners, in addition to providing feedback on CECP’s programs and initiatives. The jurors weigh in on an awards program that uses storytelling to bring corporate societal engagement to life, and allows companies to strengthen that story and share it among a wider audience.
“Our committee of distinguished cross-sector leaders represent a diverse set of skills, points of view, and experience and we are thrilled to tap their insights to apply an independent perspective to the awards process,” stated Daryl Brewster, CEO, CECP. “This committee enhances the rigor of the Excellence Awards process and raises the standards for the types of corporate societal engagement programs that we hold up as leaders in the field.”
- Melissa Berman, President and CEO, Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors
- Jen Crozier, Vice President, Global Citizenship Initiatives, IBM Corporation
- Ezra Garrett, VP Community Relations and Chief Sustainability Officer, PG&E Corporation
- Holly Gordon, Executive Director, Girl Rising
- Michelle Grogg, Senior Director, Corporate Contributions and Partnerships, Cargill
- Sarah Johnson, Director, Weill Music Institute, Carnegie Hall
- Kari Niedfeldt-Thomas, Senior Manager, Social Responsibility, The Mosaic Company
- Bruce Rogers, Chief Insights Officer, Forbes
- Ian V. Rowe, CEO, Public Prep
- Thomas Tighe, President and CEO, Direct Relief International
- Henry Timms, Founder #GivingTuesday and Executive Director, 92nd Street Y
- Lisa Walker, Managing Director, Newman's Own Foundation
Presented annually since 2000, the Awards recognize outstanding leadership in corporate community engagement programs among affiliated and non-affiliated CECP companies, and nonprofits, and are presented in three categories:
- Chairman’s Award, for companies with annual revenue greater or equal to $20B USD;
- President’s Award, for those with annual revenue of less than $20B USD; and
- Directors’ Award, which recognizes a partnership between a non-profit organization and a corporation. Additionally, the Directors’ Award includes a $25,000 cash donation from CECP’s Board of Directors.
CEOs from Chairman’s and President’s Awards winning companies will discuss their programs with their CEO peers at CECP’s annual Board of Boards February 23th, 2015. The executive director from the Director’s Award winning organization will receive the award at the CECP Summit 2015. Past winners have included PG&E Corporation, Cargill, Direct Relief, IBM, Kraft Foods, DonorsChoose.org, and Intel.
The Excellence Awards are a significant platform for sharing the stories of outstanding corporate community investment programs. CECP devotes a year-long awareness campaign to winning programs. The 2015 Award application deadline was June 30th, 2014.
CECP is a coalition of CEOs united in the belief that societal improvement is an essential measure of business performance. Founded in 1999 by Paul Newman and other business leaders, CECP has grown to a movement of 150 CEOs of the world’s largest companies across all industries. Revenues of engaged companies sum to $7 trillion annually. A nonprofit organization, CECP offers participating companies one-on-one consultation, networking events, exclusive data, media support and case studies on corporate engagement. For more information, visit http://ceco.co.
About the Excellence Awards
Excellence Awards winners are added to a distinguished roster of companies that take part in an ongoing awareness building effort on their behalf by CECP. The storytelling that emerges from the awards brings corporate societal engagement to life, and the awards process allows companies to strengthen that story and share it among a wider audience. Presented annually since 2000, these awards are juried by an external Selection Committee that is comprised of representatives from the corporate, nonprofit, consulting, media, and academic communities. For more information, visit http://cecp.co/events/excellence-awards.html.