Following up from the 2014 Global Pro Bono Summit
May 27, 2014 /3BL Media/ - The Taproot Foundation today announces the release of a summary report and micro documentary video from the 2014 Global Pro Bono Summit.
From February 24-27th, 2014, Taproot Foundation and BMW Foundation convened over 300 leaders at the Global Pro Bono Summit in San Francisco. These leaders represent over 60 companies, professional service firms, and nonprofit organizations from more than 15 countries, who come together in an intimate, invitation-only setting to engage in interactive discussions and design sessions to learn from one another and spark field changing ideas for the global pro bono movement.
The Summit brings a diverse group of innovators together to address key challenges inhibiting the growth of the movement globally, and to share best practices in management and growth.
The highlights featured in the Summary of Takeaways map out key conversations among these leaders, seeking to problem solve as a team and address complex challenges. Of the many priorities identified, attendees left San Francisco with plans to:
- Use pro bono as a strategy to engage executives in service and philanthropy
- Identify ways for corporations to use pro bono as a career accelerator for professionals
- Set an agenda for collaboration among US pro bono providers
- Integrate pro bono engagement with HR departments and employee training
- Convene an Asian Pro Bono Forum in Tokyo
The Global Pro Bono Summit is convened in partnership between Taproot Foundation and BMW Foundation and made possible through the generous support of HP and Adobe.