JetBlue's Tenth Annual ‘Swing for Good' Golf Classic and Fundraising Campaign to Raise Much Needed Funds for Three Youth-Focused Non-Profits
NEW YORK, October 3, 2018 /3BL Media/ - JetBlue (NASDAQ:JBLU) today launched its tenth annual Swing for Good Golf Classic and fundraising campaign at Bethpage State Golf Course in Bethpage, N.Y. Since its inception in 2008, JetBlue's Swing for Good initiative has raised more than $6.1 million for a variety of youth and education focused charitable organizations.
Under the JetBlue For Good umbrella, JetBlue’s platform for social impact and corporate responsibility, the Swing for Good campaign includes the JetBlue Bid For Good online auction which features one-of-a-kind opportunities and experiences. All proceeds will benefit non-profit recipients – Feeding Children Everywhere, Together We Rise, and The JetBlue Foundation.
"Swing for Good is one of my favorite events as we work together with our business partners, customers and crewmembers to raise awareness and funds for non-profits helping the next generation and most vulnerable,” said Robin Hayes, JetBlue’s chief executive officer. “Aligned with our mission of inspiring humanity, our dedication to the communities we serve goes beyond one day on the golf course. The funds raised will provide services for years to come.”
Swing for Good proceeds will benefit three non-profit organizations:
- Feeding Children Everywhere – New to Swing for Good, JetBlue is partnering with Feeding Children Everywhere for the first time to help with their mission to create a hunger-free world. Since its inception, this non-profit has provided millions of meals to children worldwide.
Similar to JetBlue and its environmental focus, Feeding Children Everywhere strives to reduce its carbon footprint in every community, every day. For more information, visit feedingchildreneverywhere.com.
- Together We Rise – Back for its fourth year as a Swing for Good beneficiary, Together We Rise is a non-profit organization comprised of motivated young adults and former foster youth. Together We Rise is focused on transforming the way youth navigate America's foster care system.
JetBlue also partners with Together We Rise for JetBlue For Good bike builds and “sweet case” (decorated, personalized suitcases) deliveries to benefit children in foster care. Last year, JetBlue crewmembers built and donated 300 bikes across 11 JetBlue maintenance facilities and Support Centers. For more information on Together We Rise, visit togetherwerise.org.
- The JetBlue Foundation – This JetBlue-sponsored private foundation encourages and advances aviation-related education. The JetBlue Foundation’s mission is to ignite interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) programs and place aviation top-of-mind as a career choice for students, especially those from traditionally underserved communities.
Over the past five years, the JetBlue Foundation has built lasting relationships with more than 50 aviation-focused programs and provided over $1 million in grants to help these programs take off. For more information, visit JetBlueFoundation.org.
How to get involved – JetBlue’s annual charitable fundraising campaign also includes the JetBlue Bid For Good online auction, powered by CharityStars. This auction is open to the public and takes place online through October 31, 2018. Bid for Good features priceless opportunities and VIP experiences such as:
- Deluxe JetBlue Vacations experiences
- A trip to the Boston Red Sox training camp
- Tickets to see some of Boston’s favorite sports teams
- An opportunity for one lucky boy/girl to be a ball kid at a Boston Celtics home game
- A JetBlue flight simulator experience
- Access to VIP events and other exclusive experiences
To get involved in Bid for Good, customers can go to charitystars.com/bidforgood.
JetBlue For Good, JetBlue’s platform for social impact and corporate responsibility – Giving back is part of JetBlue’s DNA and is core to its mission of inspiring humanity. Centered around volunteerism and service, JetBlue For Good focuses on the areas that are most important to the airline’s customers and crewmembers – Community, Youth/Education and the Environment. JetBlue’s core programs and partnerships directly impact the areas where its customers and crewmembers live and work by enhancing education and providing access to those that are traditionally underserved. Signature programs include the award-winning Soar with Reading initiative which has provided more than $3 million worth of books to kids who need them most; Blue Horizons For Autism which helps introduce air travel in a realistic environment to families and children affected by autism; and Swing for Good has raised more than $6.1 million to date for education and youth focused non-profits.
JetBlue is New York’s Hometown Airline®, and a leading carrier in Boston, Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood, Los Angeles (Long Beach), Orlando, and San Juan. JetBlue carries more than 40 million customers a year to 103 cities in the U.S., Caribbean, and Latin America with an average of 1,000 daily flights. For more information please visit JetBlue.com.