ReportAlert.info - Hess Corporation (NYSE:HES) Publishes 2013 Corporate Sustainability Report
July 24, 2014 /3BL Media/ - In 2013 Hess made remarkable progress in its plan to transform into a pure play exploration and production (E&P) company with a balanced portfolio of higher growth, lower risk assets. While the transformation has resulted in significant changes across the company, Hess remains unwavering in its commitment to being a trusted energy partner that helps meet the world’s growing energy needs in a safe, environmentally responsible, socially sensitive and profitable way. Hess has released its 2013 Corporate Sustainability Report (CSR) which describes these efforts. The report can be viewed at www.hess.com/sustainability.
This year’s report details Hess’ programs and performance in the areas of governance, social responsibility, safety and health, our people, climate change and energy, and environment. Highlights include:
- Investing more than USD $37 million in social responsibility projects in 17 countries, of which 52 percent was for education programs in North Dakota, Ghana, and Equatorial Guinea
- Implementing a centralized system to manage the contractor procurement process
- Achieving a 14% improvement in the workforce (employee + contractor) safety incident rate
- Describing the company's increased focus and efforts with respect to crude-by-rail safety
- Setting a target to reduce the North Dakot asset's flaring rate at the wellhead to 10 percent by 2017
- Attaining an absolute GHG emissions reduction of 4.3 million tonnes from the 2008 baseline, mainly attributable to discontinued operations
The 2013 CSR was prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G3.1/Oil & Gas Sector Supplement guidelines to an A+ application level. The content of the report was also informed by the reporting guidelines and indicators in the Oil and Gas Industry Guidance on Sustainability Reporting (December 2010) developed by IPIECA, the oil and gas industry association for environmental and social issues, and the American Petroleum Institute.
Hess welcomes your comments as well as requests for printed copies at email@example.com.
Hess Corporation is a leading global independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas. For more information, visit hess.com.