ReportAlert.info - The SingTel Group Publishes 2014 Sustainability Reports
June 26, 2014 /3BL Media/ - The SingTel Sustainability Report 2014 “Growing with you. Creating Sustainability” and the Optus Sustainability Report 2014 “More Yes” are now available online. These reports present sustainability practices and initiatives relating to environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues of the Group’s business in Singapore and Australia respectively for the financial year ended 31 March 2014.
The reports provide details of the Group’s corporate sustainability strategy and performance against FY2014 ESG goals, reaffirming its commitment to creating sustainable and long-term growth for its business, while leading and shaping the positive change for its marketplace and customers, the communities it operates in, its employees and the environment.
SingTel’s Sustainability Report titled ‘Growing with you, Creating Sustainability.’ was prepared based on the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) guidelines G3.1 version, B level and was subjected to an external assurance process. It also considered the principles of the United Nations Global Compact. Highlights in the report include:
- Initiatives to improve customer experience, respond proactively to customer needs, and provide innovative solutions and services
- Community investments of over S$9.3 million
- The development of a new SingTel Leadership model SCORE
- Expanding the carbon emissions measurement to include franchisees
Optus’ Sustainability Report titled ‘More Yes’, was prepared based on the GRI Guidelines G3 version, A level. Highlights in the report include:
- Improved customer experience through initiatives such as My Plan, helping to reduce bill shock for thousands of Optus customers
- Invested A$9.7 million in the community through direct funding, products, services and employees through volunteering, mentoring and workplace giving programs
- Transformed its retail service to deliver brilliant service consistently at every Optus store
- Launched LOV training with more than 1,800 employees participating and improved overall employee engagement score
Singapore Telecommunications Limited (SingTel) is Asia’s leading communications group providing a portfolio of services including ICT, pay TV as well as voice and data solutions over fixed, wireless and internet platforms. The Group has presence in Asia and Africa with over 500 million mobile customers in 25 countries, including Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, the Philippines and Thailand. It also has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the United States. SingTel is listed on both the Singapore Exchange (SGX) and the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). It employs about 22,000 people worldwide, with about 13,000 employees in Singapore and 9,000 in Australia.