Subaru and Subaru Owners “Share the Love” for Fifth Consecutive Year
- Participating charities are anticipated to receive a collective $5 million in donations from Subaru this year
- Total “Share the Love” donations expected to reach $25 million
Cherry Hill, N.J., Dec 21, 2012 /3BL Media/ - Subaru of America kicked off its fifth-annual “Share the Love” event on Nov. 21. During the "Share the Love" event, Subaru is donating $250 to the owners' choice of five charities for every new Subaru vehicle sold or leased from Nov. 21, 2012 through Jan. 2, 2013. Over the last four years, Subaru has donated nearly $20 million to charitable organizations through the “Share the Love” sales event.
“’Share the Love’ is a truly unique event that brings together Subaru owners, their philanthropic spirit, and five amazing charitable partners,” said Dean Evans, Subaru chief marketing officer.
For the second year in row, Subaru enlisted its Facebook fans to select the final “Share the Love” charitable partners. The Alzheimer’s Association® and the USO earned the most Facebook votes. Those two charities join the ASPCA® (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®), Make-A-Wish® and Meals On Wheels Association of America® to round out the 2012 roster. This year’s event is expected to deliver $5 million in donations to the five charitable organizations.
“We know how much Subaru owners care about the community and we can’t think of a better way to close out the year” added Evans.
2012 Subaru “Share the Love” Charitable Participants
- Alzheimer’s Association®: the leading, global voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care and support, and the largest private, nonprofit funder of Alzheimer's research. It's mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
- The ASPCA® (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®): is the first animal welfare organization in North America and works to provide effective means for the prevention of cruelty to animals. The ASPCA is a national leader in the areas of anti-cruelty, community outreach and animal health services.
- Make-A-Wish®: grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions. A wish-come-true can be a powerful, life-changing event that makes life better for wish kids, strengthens their families, and brings communities together.
- Meals On Wheels Association of America®: provides national leadership to end senior hunger, supporting local Meals On Wheels programs that collectively serve over one million nutritious meals each day to seniors in need.
- USO: a private, nonprofit organization that provides morale boosting programs and services as well as critical support to troops serving in combat, military families, wounded, ill and injured troops and their caregivers and families of the fallen.
For more information on the Subaru “Share the Love” event or to find a Subaru dealer visit www.subaru.com.
• Watch the new Subaru Share the Love video: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1MTbRON4T8_ZupPeOCDH6aFW7j7yiJaA&feature=plcp
• Follow Subaru on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/subaruofamerica
• Join the Dialog: http://www.twitter.com/subaru_usa #sharethelove
About Subaru of America, Inc.
Subaru of America, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. of Japan. Headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J., the company markets and distributes Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive vehicles, parts and accessories through a network of more than 600 dealers across the United States. Subaru boasts the most fuel efficient line-up of all-wheel drive products sold in the market today based on Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) fuel economy standards. All Subaru products are manufactured in zero-landfill production plants and Subaru of Indiana Automotive Inc. is the only U.S. automobile production plant to be designated a backyard wildlife habitat by the National Wildlife Federation. For additional information, visit www.subaru.com.
# # #
Additional information and news from Subaru is available at http://www.media.subaru.com.