Tata Consultancy Services Surya Kant, President of North America, UK and Europe, to Join CECP Board of Directors
NEW YORK, May 28, 2020 /3BL Media/ - As part of its continuing efforts to empower companies to drive long-term business success through positive societal impact, Chief Executives for Corporate Purpose (CECP) announced that Surya Kant, President, North America, UK and Europe, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), has joined the organization’s distinguished Board of Directors. As a CEO-led coalition of the world’s leading brands, CECP believes a company’s social strategy--how it engages with key stakeholders including employees, communities, investors, and customers--determines a company’s success. In a career spanning more than 35 years, Surya (“Sury”) Kant has made a significant contribution to the growth of the global IT services industry and TCS.
“As companies continue to work with their key stakeholders in solving the world’s most pressing problems, under the stewardship of the Board of Directors, CECP continues to serve as a trusted advisor to corporate leaders,” said Doug Conant, Founder and CEO, ConantLeadership; former CEO, Campbell Soup Company; former Chairman, Avon Products; and Chairman, CECP. “Our work in this space will be evermore insightful with the addition of Sury’s keen commitment to stakeholder engagement, his counsel, and leadership to our Board of Directors.”
Founded in 1999 by actor and philanthropist Paul Newman and other business leaders, CECP has grown to a movement of more than 200 of the world’s largest companies that represent $6.6 trillion in revenues, $21.2 billion in societal investment, 14 million employees, and $15 trillion in assets under management.
“TCS is committed to making a positive, scalable and lasting societal impact where it operates and lives, and I am proud of our culture of driven and empowered employees who are dedicated to giving back to underserved communities,” said Surya Kant, President of North America, UK and Europe. “I am honored to join the CECP board and look forward to working alongside many purpose-driven business leaders.”
As President for North America, UK and Europe, Sury is responsible for the continued growth of the company’s global revenues, key customer relationships and technology offerings across TCS’ largest markets. His longstanding tenure at TCS includes establishing the presence of the Indian software industry in Japan in 1987, leading UK operations in the ‘90s while recording substantial growth and visibility for the organization, and serving as the Head of Operations in North India until 2005.
Sury has also spearheaded numerous employee initiatives that have since been adopted as company best practices and recognized through industry awards in the areas of HR (leadership development and diversity) and CSR (education and health). He is affiliated with several academic institutions and a frequent speaker at industry conferences, most notably playing a leading role in the US supporting STEM education and careers.
“The past year has been an unequivocal turning point for what is expected of business in terms of purpose, profit, and planning,” said Daryl Brewster, CEO, CECP. “Sury’s tenure at TCS--and the work TCS has done on long-term sustainable value creation for its stakeholders--makes him precisely the kind of leader CECP and its Board of Directors necessitates for guiding our CEO coalition.”
Sury joins the current Board of Directors, which includes:
- Chair: Douglas R. Conant, Founder and CEO, ConantLeadership; former CEO, Campbell Soup Company; former Chairman, Avon Products; and Chairman, CECP
- Lynne Doughtie, Chairman & CEO, KPMG LLP
- Theodore Dysart, Vice Chairman, Heidrick & Struggles International, Inc.
- Vince Forlenza, Chairman of the Board, BD
- Richard Edelman, President & CEO, Edelman
- Carly Fiorina, Founder & Chairman, Carly Fiorina Enterprises and Unlocking Potential Foundation; Former CEO, HP
- Mauricio Gutiérrez, President & CEO, NRG
- Alan G. Hassenfeld, Chairman, Executive Committee, Hasbro, Inc.
- Fran Horowitz, CEO, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Barbara Humpton, CEO, Siemens USA
- David Kenny, CEO, Nielsen
- Shelly Lazarus, Chairman Emeritus, Ogilvy & Mather
- Bill McNabb, Former Chairman, Vanguard
- Deanna Mulligan, President & CEO, The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
- Michael I. Roth, Chairman & CEO, Interpublic Group
- Jennifer Smith Turner, Board of Directors, Newman’s Own Foundation
CECP’s Board of Directors also includes the following Director Emeriti:
- Peter Malkin, Chairman Emeritus, Empire State Realty Trust
- Sanford Weill, Chairman Emeritus, Citigroup, Inc.
- Kenneth T. Derr, Former Chairman & CEO, Chevron Corporation
- Henrietta Holsman Fore, Executive Director, United Nations Children’s Fund
- Harold McGraw, III, Chairman Emeritus, S&P Global
- Marilyn Carlson Nelson, Former Chairman and CEO, Carlson Holdings, Inc.
- Paul Newman, Actor and Philanthropist*
- David Rockefeller, Former Chairman & CEO, Chase Manhattan Corporation*
- Paul Volcker, Former Chairman, Federal Reserve*
- John C. Whitehead, Former Co-Chair, Goldman, Sachs, & Co., Former Deputy Secretary of State*
# # #
ABOUT CHIEF EXECUTIVES FOR CORPORATE PURPOSE (CECP)
Chief Executives for Corporate Purpose (CECP) is a CEO-led coalition that believes that a company’s social strategy — how it engages with key stakeholders including employees, communities, investors, and customers —determines company success. Founded in 1999 by actor and philanthropist Paul Newman and other business leaders to create a better world through business, CECP has grown to a movement of more than 200 of the world’s largest companies that represent $6.6 trillion in revenues, $21.2 billion in societal investment, 14 million employees, and $15 trillion in assets under management. CECP helps companies transform their social strategy by providing customized connections and networking, counsel and support, benchmarking and trends, and awareness building and recognition.