Bringing More to the Table
JBS USA, a leading global food company and the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation [NASDAQ: PPC], today announced the release of its 2021 Sustainability Update. Included in the update is progress toward the company’s 2030 goals, which were announced last year, across its global operations in North America, the UK, Continental Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
“Sustainability is the central strategy of our business, and our accomplishments in 2021 further demonstrate our ongoing efforts within the ESG space,” said Tim Schellpeper, JBS USA CEO. “From giving back to our communities and providing free education to our team members and their dependents, to our net zero commitment, we are investing in sustainability like never before. We believe food and agriculture can and should be part of the solution to the challenges we face as we work to improve livelihoods and feed the growing global population.”
Highlights from the 2021 update include:
- Improved the Global Safety Index by 40% since 2019, surpassing the goal of 30%
- Enrolled more than 1,000 team members and their dependents in classes through the tuition-free community college program Better Futures
- Reduced scope 1+2 GHG emission intensity by 8%, and reduced absolute scope 1+2 emissions 10% since 2019
- Approved more than $45 million across 133+ capital GHG emission reduction projects in JBS USA facilities
- Invested more than $50 million in 230+ projects through the JBS Hometown Strong community investment initiative
- Launched the Global Animal Welfare Scorecard, developed by JBS USA animal welfare teams using a combination of indicators selected for their importance to the health and well-being of our animals
- Partnered with more than 11,000 producer partners, providing payments of over $21.9 billion
“We are grateful to our team members around the world who have made these achievements possible, and our focus on being a leading corporate citizen will continue guiding our sustainability efforts,” Schellpeper said.
To learn more, visit the 2021 JBS USA Sustainability Update online at https://sustainability.jbsfoodsgroup.com.
About JBS USA
JBS USA is a leading global food company providing diversified, high-quality food products for sale to customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. This includes meat, poultry and seafood products, a portfolio of recognized brands and innovative premium foods. Visit jbsfoodsgroup.com.
JBS USA Corporate Communication