ReportAlert.info - Nexen (TSE:NXY) Publishes its 2012 Sustainability Report
July 18, 2013 /3BL Media/ - Nexen, an upstream oil and gas company, released its 2012 Sustainability Report which provides a summary of the company’s environmental, social and economic performance. Nexen’s on-line disclosure, which includes articles, photos, data tables, graphs and videos featuring Nexen employees and stakeholders, provides additional sustainability information that compliments the report. Both are now available at www.nexeninc.com/2012csr.
The report summarizes Nexen’s commitment to being a responsible energy developer, offering a candid look at the opportunities and challenges experienced in 2012 and strategies to manage these going forward.
- UK operations recorded their best-ever lost time injury frequency.
- Completed three major maintenance turnarounds, in the UK North Sea and in the Canadian oil sands, without any lost time injuries.
- Made significant progress in reducing reportable environmental exceedances – from 445 in 2011 to 195 in 2012.
- Bolstered the culture of integrity with a new Speaking Up Policy.
- Developed a new guide to engagement with stakeholders and indigenous peoples.
- Invested in communities through approximately $13.1 million in grants and donations.
Nexen’s VP of Health, Safety, Environment & Social Responsibility, Bernie Herbert states “At Nexen, we understand how we do business is just as important as what we achieve. That’s why we remain committed to tracking and transparently disclosing our health, safety, environmental and social performance as well as our positive impact on the economy.”
Nexen has operations in the UK North Sea, offshore West Africa, the U.S. and Western Canada. A wholly-owned subsidiary of CNOOC Limited, Nexen is focused on conventional oil and gas, oil sands and shale gas development. Nexen adds value through successful full-cycle oil and gas exploration and development, and leadership in ethics, integrity, governance and environmental stewardship.